Skattershooting while wondering what the
- Only four U.S. presidents have been
Baptist and one of them is Bill Clinton.
- A few years back, "The Webby" was
introduced as the award for excellent or interesting web sites. This
year, the award for most unusual went to www.carstuckgirls.com.
That's right. Girls who are stuck in cars. There are pictures. There
are videos. But there is no nudity and there is no sex. Just attractive
girls who have their cars stuck in the mud. Even I think that's
- In the very bad football movie Necessary Roughness (which was
filmed at the University of North Texas, by the way), one of the
fictitious college football teams wore jerseys reading "Texas
State". Due to a recent name change, there actually is a Texas State.
- The amount of winning tickets not cashed
at Lone Star Park in 2002: $1,301,867.
- Finally, the North Central Texas
Narcotics Task Force has been abandoned. They never really liked me.
- Odd sports news. LSU has a good track
coach, Pat Henry, and he is paid $167,000 for the job which he has held
for 17 years. Texas A & M fired its track coach that was paid
$74,000. So what happens? A&M hires Henry away from LSU for
$230,000 a year. Once again, this is a track and field coach.
- I rented Deliverance the other
day because it dawned on me that I had never seen the original R rated
version. Let me tell you, that Ned Beatty scene was more shocking than
I had imagined.
- I remember when everyone went nuts when
A&M paid football coach
Jackie Sherrill $228,00 a year.
- At the All Star Break, the best hitter
in baseball is Pudge Rodriguez who is batting .369.
- The fastest qualifier for the U.S.
Olympic team in the 400 meters was Baylor sophomore Jeremy Wariner. And
he is a white guy.
- The Tour de France would be better if we
could actually watch a whole race.
- Punch Drunk Love is
- A few months back a list was released of
the most overused cliches. The winner was "at the end of the
day". Start listening for it. People, especially at news
conferences, say it all the time.
- Through 92 games, the Rangers are 54-38.
They have never had a higher winning percentage than that after 92
- The 9-11 Commission report could be downloaded in its entirety
on the same day it was handed to the President in the Rose Garden. I
have no desire to read it, but it's cool that it was available so
- At the Nebraska Cornhuskers spring
football game, 61,147 fans showed up.
- Mystic River is great.
- Remember how we were going to convert to
the metric system?
- It's odd how the media just wraps itself
around selected missing woman/murder stories. Last year it was the
Scott Peterson case and this year it appears to be the case concerning
the disappearance of Lori
Hacking. Don't the stories happen all the time but you simply
never hear about them.
- It is a good feeling when you discover
you can still surprise yourself.
- Wouldn't you like to hold a high school
record in UIL track in 1977? That was the last year that "yards" were
run instead of meters. If you held the 100 yard dash record in 1977,
you always will.
- The federal budget deficit has grown to
a record $445 billion. That's not total debt. That's simply how much
more the federal government will spend over and above what it will take
in this year.
- Former Miami runningback Ricky Williams
is one odd guy.
- Former Ranger and current Kansas City
Royal Juan Gonzales was out for the season as of May 22nd. That guy has
always had health issues.
- This is a mean trick which was played on
me - and it scared the living crap out of me. Here it is: Can you spot
three differences in these two
photographs. Look closely.
- If you like watching videos over the
Internet, do you think this guy
will ever hold a cat again?
- John Kerry's theme of his speech at the
Democratic National Convention this week was "Help is on the
way!" It is only poignant that one of Reagan's greatest quotes was “The
most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the
government, and I’m here to help you.’”
Star Telegram, two days a week, will begin a radical change. No
story on the front page will "continued inside". Instead there will
just be summaries of stories that are
- I thought this was so odd: I was
watching the news Friday night when John McCaa reported about the
estimated property damage in Lancaster due to the huge rain storm last
week. He reported that the total damage was estimated to be "$5,928,200
in residential property" damage. Isn't that a little too specific for
Green served as District Attorney for Wise and Jack Counties from 1993
through 2000. He is now a partner in the Decatur law firm of Smith
& Green, P.C. and is Board Certified in Criminal Law.
These web site pages are Copyright. Contents or HTML
representation and Graphics are Copyright 2004, Wise
County on the Web, and may not be copied or mirrored without prior